Receiving the benefits you’re entitled to is something you’ll want in place. Here, we look at where you can get advice and support for benefits, personal finance and related topics.
The Chapeltown Citizens Advice Bureau can offer specialist advice on benefits such as Universal Credit and Personal Independence Payment (PIP). If you’re applying for PIP, they can offer you advice on how to fill in the form and gauge whether or not you’ll be able to receive it.
Ian Dooley is their specialist autism outreach worker. He is available at both of Leeds Autism AIM’s drop-in hubs and can offer additional outreach support when needed.
- Address: Willow House, New Roscoe Buildings, Cross Francis Street, Leeds LS7 4BZ
- Phone: 0113 223 4400
- Email: Ian Dooley, Chapeltown CAB
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/chapeltowncab
Leeds Citizens Advice Bureau
Leeds CAB offers more services for people throughout Leeds. They have an office in the City Centre that’s open Monday to Friday and can be contacted via phone or email.
- Address: Westminster Buildings 31 New York Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS2 7DT
- Phone: 0113 223 4400
- Website: https://www.citizensadviceleeds.org.uk/
Leeds City Council’s Welfare Rights Unit can give you free, confidential advice. They can help you to complete claim forms and offer guidance and support when making appeals.
- Website: http://www.leeds.gov.uk/residents/Pages/Welfare-Rights.aspx
- Phone: 0113 376 0452
Run by Leeds Mind, Community Links and Touchstone, Workplace Leeds is a service for people with mental health issues looking to get back into work. They provide support that can help you every step of the way, at your own pace. Here are their contact details:
- Website: https://workplaceleeds.wordpress.com/
- Phone: 0113 230 2631
- Email: email@example.com
DIAL have been going in Leeds since 1979, offering peer support, information and signposting to disabled people. They are user-led and focus on rights, awareness, inclusion, independent living and empowerment.
They can be reached over the phone or by email. Here are their contact details:
- Advice Line: 0113 467 6980
- Other services: 0113 467 6981
- Address: DIAL (LEEDS), Photon House, Percy Street, Leeds LS12 1EG
- Website: http://www.dial-leeds.org.uk/
Better Leeds Communities
Better Leeds Communities can offer advice on issues around benefits and welfare. Housing and debt are other areas of expertise. They can be contacted through their website, over the phone and via email. Here are their details: