*Please note that we are a service for autistic adults. To access more information about children’s services, please visit the Leeds Local Offer link below.
Leeds Local Offer
The Local Offer for Leeds is a service by Leeds City Council that helps to find specific services for people with autism and learning disabilities aged 0-25. It has a directory, which you can find at the link below:
If you have any enquiries about education, health and voluntary services, the Local Offer also has a phone number. You can ring them on 0113 378 5020 or send an email to email@example.com.
Local support groups
Leeds ABC are a support group for parents of autistic children. They normally host monthly drop-ins at the Leeds City Library, weekly groups and regular outings, as well as offering support over the phone and online. Here’s how you can get in touch with them:
- Website: https://leedsabcgroup.wordpress.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ABCLeedsGroup/
ZigZag are another support group for parents and autistic children. They organise play groups and run a community shop. You can get in touch with them in the following ways:
- Website: https://www.zigzagautismservices.co.uk/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/zigzag.leeds.autism.support/
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 07981 201 005 / 07749 984 714
The STARS Team are a group of autism specialists who offer awareness training to mainstream schools. They also offer advice to parents and schools on how they can provide the best possible education for autistic children. Here are their contact details:
This is a free school for autistic children in Leeds, run by parents of autistic children. It has four cornerstones of learning:
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Experience and Skills
It offers education from 11-19 and is based in the Cookridge area of the city.
- Website: http://www.lighthouseschool.co.uk/
- Phone: (0113) 457 0605 / 07570 851 203
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leeds Special Educational Needs and Disability Information Advice Support Service (SEND IASS) is a support service for parents of children/young adults who need information and advice on Education and Health Care Plans (EHCP).
- Website: https://sendiass.leeds.gov.uk/
- Email: https://forms.leeds.gov.uk/SENDIASSGetInTouch
- Helpline: 0113 378 5020 – Monday to Friday, 10am to 3pm
Local nurseries that have special educational needs (SEN) provision:
- Little Rascals Nurseries: http://littlerascalsnurseries.com/quality-childcare/special-needs-disabilities/
- Little Owls Little London: https://www.littleowlsleeds.co.uk/places/little-owls-little-london/
- 22 Street Lane Nursery: https://www.22streetlanenursery.co.uk/senco/