All three universities – Leeds, Leeds Beckett and Leeds Trinity – have services for disabled students. They have general disabled students services, as well as more specific support. Here are a few links worth reading:
- University of Leeds – Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome
- Leeds Beckett University – Disability Advice
- Leeds Trinity University – Disability Support
Autistic students are able to claim Disabled Students’ Allowance. You can find out more about claiming on the GOV.UK website.
For any autistic students doing a course through the Open University, there is a Disability Support service available.
Leeds City College, Leeds College of Art and Leeds Building College all have student support services which include some provision for disabled students. If you’re a student at any of these colleges or are about to study there, here are some relevant links:
- Leeds City College student support
- Leeds College of Art student support
- Leeds College of Building student services
- Leeds College of Music – disabled student services