Three universities in the city – Leeds, Leeds Beckett and Leeds Trinity – have services for disabled students. They have general disabled students services, as well as more specific support. Here are a few links worth reading:

The other two universities – Leeds Arts University and the University of Law – have support services to contact for any enquiries about getting support centred around autism:

Autistic students are able to claim Disabled Students’ Allowance. You can find out more about claiming on the GOV.UK website.

For any autistic students doing a course through the Open University, there is a Disability Support service available.


Leeds City College, Leeds College of Art and Leeds Building College all have student support services which include some provision for disabled students. If you’re a student at any of these colleges or are about to study there, here are some relevant links: