Our Mental Health Guide
Leeds Autism AIM have produced a guide to local mental health and counselling services. It includes a list of places to get help in a crisis, text-based and online mental health support, how to apply for counselling funding through your GP and autism-specific counselling services in Leeds.
To download a copy, please click here: Leeds Autism AIM – Mental Health Guide (last updated 01/02/2022)
MindWell is a mental health services website for people in the Leeds area. It has a list of mental health service providers throughout the city.
There are single points of access for mental health support in health and adult social care:
- Leeds Adult Social Care number: 0113 222 4401
- Health Single Point of Access number: 0300 300 1485
Help in a crisis
There are two drop-in services to access in case of a crisis. One is Dial House in Halton, LS15 and the other is Dial House @ Touchstone, which is in the Beeston, LS11 area. They are run by the Leeds Survivor-Led Crisis Service.
MindWell and Healthwatch Leeds have produced a guide to finding help if you are in a mental health crisis.
You can download a PDF of this document here: Finding support in a mental health crisis (Covid-19 update)
Live Well Leeds
Live Well Leeds is a community-based mental health service, working across Leeds. They work with people aged 18 and over (17 and over if using transitions services) who have mild to moderate mental health needs. Their services include one-to-one support, group support, peer support and befriending opportunities.
They run a number of online support groups: https://livewellleeds.org.uk/support-groups/list/
For more information on Live Well Leeds, please visit their website here: https://livewellleeds.org.uk/
Online autism and mental health resources
- Mind – supporting autistic people with mental health problems (PDF)
- MQ Mental Health – Five studies improving mental health in autism
- Autistica – Autism and mental health – a guide to looking after your mind
Mental Health Advocacy
The Advonet Group have Independent Mental Health Advocacy (IMHA) for people sectioned under the Mental Health Act and Community Advocacy services. If you would like more information or want to make a referral, you can:
- Visit The Advonet Group website – advonet.org.uk
- Call The Advonet Group’s First Contact number on 0113 244 0606
- Email email@example.com
- Make a referral – https://advonet.org.uk/referrals/all-services-referral-form/