At the end of getting an autism diagnosis, you’ll have a follow-up appointment. Then, you may be signposted to a relevant service in Leeds.
Post-diagnostic consultancy session
If you are already diagnosed as autistic, you can refer to the Leeds Autism Diagnostic Service (LADS) team for a one-off consultancy appointment. This is also available for carers and other professionals.
The autistic person being referred to the LADS team will receive some questionnaires to complete prior to the appointment. Then, a copy of their diagnostic report will be requested. If there is any doubt about the diagnosis, the person being referred will be offered the opportunity to access the clinical pathway for a full assessment.
To ask for a referral for a consultancy session, please either:
- Fill in the consultancy request form
- Ask your GP or other healthcare professional to fill in this form
Once the form has been completed, email it to email@example.com.
Getting a Care Act assessment
The Care Act is a piece of law that says if you need extra support, you’re entitled to it. You can get an assessment of your needs through Leeds’ Adult Social Care team.
You can find out more on the Leeds City Council website.
Leeds Autism AIM can provide some limited advocacy support at our Hub sessions on Tuesdays and Fridays. Visit the Advocacy page of our website to find out more. You can contact Advonet, who offer a wider range of advocacy services including:
- Independent Health Complaints Advocacy
- Independent Mental Health Advocacy (IMHA)
- Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy (IMCA) – referrals from professionals only
- Care Act Advocacy – referrals from professionals only
- Community Advocacy – includes bilingual advocacy, dementia advocacy and learning disability advocacy
You can contact Advonet by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0113 244 0606. Advonet’s opening times are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
There is also support on offer from the Chapeltown Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB). You can either meet them every week at our two drop-ins or contact them in the following ways: