This is a project where Leeds Autism AIM work with The Light Surgery and Leeds Student Medical Practice’s Local Care Partnership. The project will work with autistic patients to improve services and address health inequalities faced by local autistic people.
The project’s main aims are:
- Ensure the needs of autistic patients at both surgeries are met
- Give autistic patients a say in how the surgeries’ services are run
- Involve autistic people more in the GP services they use
How we can help
If you are autistic and a patient at either surgery, we can help you by:
- Meeting you one-to-one to help you communicate your needs
- Pass on any feedback you have about the surgeries’ services to them
- Offering peer support from an autistic member of staff
Who is it for?
The Autism Health Access Project is for autistic people who are registered with either The Light Surgery or Leeds Student Medical Practice. It cannot help if you are registered with a different GP surgery in Leeds.
Make a referral
If you would like support from the project, you can make a referral online. To do that, please fill in our referral form at this link: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/ahapreferral/. If you need help to fill in the form, please get in touch and we can support you.
If you have any questions or would like support from the Autism Health Access Project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.