The Lovell Park Autism Hub is a drop-in service, run every Tuesday afternoon by Leeds Autism AIM. The aim of the Hub is to provide information, signposting and peer support for adults on the autistic spectrum and carers who have little or no funded support in place.
At this Hub, we host workshops, provide useful advice on a range of issues affecting autistic people in the Leeds area and act as a source of information on everything from employment to benefits.
Here is a list of what goes on at Lovell each month:
- Peer support
- Advocacy support
- Information and signposting
- Advice from the Chapeltown Citizens Advice Bureau every session
- A monthly consultation session from the Leeds Autism Diagnostic Service (LADS) Team
- A monthly carers’ group, held on the second Tuesday of every month
- Employment advice on looking for work, keeping work and volunteering, every two weeks
- A monthly women’s peer support group, on the third Tuesday of every month
- Quarterly reference group meetings for autistic adults that feed into the Leeds Autism Strategy
- Regular informal cooking sessions
- Laptops, tablets and a small number of autism-specific books
If you are coming to the Hub for the first time, it is worth booking a specific time to come and see us, just so we can set time aside to help. You can do so by contacting us.
The Hub is held every Tuesday afternoon from 3.30pm to 7pm at the Lovell Park Hub on Wintoun Street, Leeds LS7 1DA.
How to get there:
If coming by foot from the centre of Leeds, please follow the instructions on this accessible map below:
Directions by Bus:
By bus from Leeds city centre
You can get the following buses to the North Street bus stop: 7/7A/7S from Infirmary Street, 2, 3/3A and 12, 13/13A from New Briggate.
*If you plan on getting the bus from Vicar Lane to the Hub, please note that buses won’t be stopping there due to the closure of the Leeds Bridge. The 2, 3, 3A, 12, 13 and 13A will stop on Duke Street round the corner from New York Street instead until the end of 2018.
By bus from North Leeds
The 2 and 3/3A from Roundhay/Gledhow via Chapeltown, Chapel Allerton and Moortown stop on North Street. The 12 and 13/13A do too, going from Roundhay via Harehills. The 7, 7A and 7S from Alwoodley, Shadwell and Moortown go there as well.