Please note that due to the Coronavirus pandemic, we are not running sessions at the Lovell Park Hub.
However, we are providing remote advocacy, information and signposting, peer support and mentoring. Contact us or make a referral if you need support from us.
The Lovell Park Autism Hub is a drop-in service, run every Tuesday afternoon by Leeds Autism AIM. The aim of the Hub is to provide information, signposting and peer support for adults on the autistic spectrum and carers who have little or no funded support in place.
At this Hub, we host workshops, provide useful advice on a range of issues affecting autistic people in the Leeds area and act as a source of information on everything from employment to benefits.
Here is a list of what goes on at Lovell each month:
- Peer support
- Limited advocacy support
- Information and signposting
- Advice from the Chapeltown Citizens Advice Bureau every session
- A monthly consultation session from the Leeds Autism Diagnostic Service (LADS) Team – this is currently on hold from June 2018
- A monthly carers’ group, held on the second Tuesday of every month
- A monthly women’s peer support group, on the third Tuesday of every month
- Employment advice on the first and third Tuesday of every month
- Cafe Autistique, an autistic-led discussion group, on the last Tuesday of every month
- Quarterly reference group meetings for autistic adults that feed into the Leeds Autism Strategy
- Laptops, tablets and a small number of autism-specific books
If you are coming to the Hub for the first time, it is worth booking a specific time to come and see us, just so we can set time aside to help. You can do so by contacting us.
The Hub is held every Tuesday afternoon from 3.30pm to 7pm at the Lovell Park Hub on Wintoun Street, Leeds LS7 1DA.
How to get there:
If coming by foot from the centre of Leeds, please follow the instructions on this accessible map below:
Directions by Bus:
By bus from Leeds city centre
You can get the following buses to the North Street bus stop: 7/7A/7S from Infirmary Street, 2, 3/3A and 12, 13/13A from Vicar Lane and New Briggate.
By bus from North Leeds
The 2 and 3/3A from Roundhay/Gledhow via Chapeltown, Chapel Allerton and Moortown stop on North Street. The 12 and 13/13A do too, going from Roundhay via Harehills. The 7, 7A and 7S from Alwoodley, Shadwell and Moortown go there as well.
Download our Lovell Autism Hub: How to get there by car guide here:
Lovell Park Autism Hub: March 2020 Timetable